• Roof Fire at Hedge Fund Headquarters Destroys AC Unit and Damages Building

    By Published On: November 7, 2015Categories: Media ReleasesTags: , , Views: 167

    At 8:13 Saturday morning, Stamford’s Combined Dispatch Center began receiving multiple calls, reporting heavy black smoke coming from the roof of 72 Cummings Point Road. Some callers reported occupants fleeing the building. A first alarm assignment of three engines, a ladder truck, a rescue company, a Rapid Intervention Team and an Incident Commander responded. The [...]

    Read More »
  • Quick Response Minimizes Fire Damage To Multi-Family House on West Side

    By Published On: October 18, 2015Categories: Media ReleasesTags: , , , Views: 69

    STAMFORD - Stamford firefighters responded to a one-alarm fire in an occupied multiple family dwelling at 106 West Broad Street, early this morning. Arriving units found a heavy smoke condition in the rear of the structure originating from the basement. The rescue company performed a primary search of the structure and found no trapped occupants. [...]

    Read More »
  • One Alarm Fire in Downtown Office Building

    By Published On: June 25, 2015Categories: Media ReleasesTags: Views: 102

    Incident Number: SFR15-05080 Incident Date: Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 7:00 PM Incident Location: 1 ATLANTIC ST, STAMFORD, CT (Stamford, CT) A one-alarm fire occurred in the heart of downtown Stamford at 1 Atlantic Street. At 7:05 pm the 9-1-1 center received an activated automatic fire alarm from the premises. Upon arrival firefighters found that [...]

    Read More »
  • Highland Road Shed Fire Quickly Controlled

    By Published On: June 25, 2015Categories: Media ReleasesTags: Views: 73

    (Stamford, CT) A one-alarm shed fire, which extended to an occupied house, occurred at 76 Highland Road this afternoon. The 9-1-1 center received a call at 5:22 pm reporting a garage fire. Four engines, one truck, one rescue and the deputy chief responded to the alarm arriving within three minutes. Upon arrival a shed was [...]

    Read More »
  • 1/29/2015 – Stamford Firefighters Rescue Dog From Condo Fire

    By Published On: January 30, 2015Categories: Media Releases, Photo GalleryTags: Views: 82

    Three Engines, a Truck Company, a Rescue Company and a Deputy Chief (Incident Commander) were dispatched to 1611 Washington Blvd for a report of an activated fire alarm.  Engine 5 was first to arrive on the scene of a three story townhouse condominium complex and initially saw no visible signs of smoke or fire.  On [...]

    Read More »
  • Shippan chimney fire drives residents from home

    By Published On: January 29, 2015Categories: In The NewsTags: Views: 68

    An article published today about last nights Chimney Fire on Shippan Point. http://blog.ctnews.com/stamford411/2015/01/29/shippan-chimney-fire-drives-residents-from-home/  

    Read More »
  • 1/28/2015 – A Chimney Fire With Extension At 172 Fairview Ave. is Quickly Brought Under Control

    By Published On: January 29, 2015Categories: Media Releases, Photo GalleryTags: Views: 95

    A Box assignment of three Engines, a Truck Company, a Rescue Company and the Deputy Chief (Incident Commander) responded to a report of a possible structure fire, smoke on the second floor of a two story residential home on Shippan Point.  Engine 4 was first to arrive and observed embers shooting from the Chimney, indicating [...]

    Read More »
  • 1/13/2015 -1 Alarm Apartment Fire at 933 Summer Street

    By Published On: January 14, 2015Categories: Photo GalleryTags: Views: 106

    This apartment fire was reported by off-duty Firefighter Kyle Houser, who was in the Midtown News Store, below the apartment, after he smelled smoke in the store. Photographs by Retired Firefighter Rich Gillespie [wonderplugin_gridgallery id="3"]

    Read More »
  • Off-Duty Stamford Firefighter Kyle Houser Discovers Fire, Calls 911

    By Published On: January 14, 2015Categories: In The NewsTags: Views: 68

    Off-duty Stamford Firefighter Kyle Houser was picking up a soda at the Midtown News Store when he smelled smoke and called 911.  He then alerted an occupant of an adjacent apartment above Midtown News of the danger and evacuated him. Kyle is a firefighter at East Side Fire Station (Shippan).   Way to go Kyle! [...]

    Read More »