• Wood Burning Stove and Fireplace Safety: Prevent Tragedy, Protect Your Home

    By Published On: February 1, 2024Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 1373

    On Christmas Day, 2011, Misplaced Ashes Caused One of the Most Tragic Fires in Stamford History! Captain Philip Hayes, Public Information Officer of the Stamford Fire Department, underscores the significance of prioritizing safety when handling wood-burning stove and fireplace ashes and coals. The Hidden Danger: It's easy to underestimate the time required for ashes and [...]

  • Stamford Fire Department Extends Lifesaving Initiative with Free Smoke Detector Installation Program

    By Published On: October 26, 2023Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 1123

    Stamford Residents Are Encourage to Check Their Smoke Detectors With the Changing of the Clocks! Stamford, CT - 10/23/2023] - As part of our ongoing commitment to community safety, the Stamford Fire Department (SFD) is proud to announce the continuation of its highly successful Smoke Detector Installation Program. Despite being in operation for several years, [...]

  • Retired Mechanical Supervisor Frank Tassitano Has Passed Away at the Age of 76

    By Published On: August 16, 2023Categories: Member NewsViews: 1095

    It is with deep regret that the Stamford Fire Department announces the passing of retired Mechanical Supervisor Frank Tassitano, Sr. Frank, a lifelong resident of Stamford, passed away peacefully on Sunday, August 13th, 2023. Frank was born on April 30, 1947, to Leonard and Mary (Raino) Tassitano. Frank is survived by his loving wife of [...]

  • Official Update On Vehicle Fire at the Armon Hotel in Stamford

    By Published On: April 13, 2023Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 1412

    STAMFORD, CT – As of 1:00 p.m., the City of Stamford Fire Mashal’s investigation into the vehicle fire at the parking garage of the Armon Hotel, located at 2701 Summer Street, is currently in a holding pattern as City Engineering and Building officials work on the reinforcement of the structural integrity of the impacted area [...]

  • Multiple Cars On Fire Compromise Hotel Parking Garage Structure

    By Published On: April 13, 2023Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 1799

    At 5:05 this morning, the Stamford Combined 911 Center received a call for an activated fire alarm at the Armen Hotel, located at 2701 Summer Street.  Two Engines, a Truck Company, and Incident Commander were part of the initial dispatch.  As units began to arrive, additional calls were received by the 911 center reporting several [...]

  • Former Stamford Firefighter and Long Time Volunteer Fire Service Advocate Pat Battinelli Has Passed Away

    By Published On: April 12, 2023Categories: Member NewsViews: 1302

    It is with deep regret, that the Stamford Fire Department announces the passing of former Stamford Firefighter  Pasquale "Pat" Battinelli Jr. Pasquale "Pat" Battinelli Jr., passed away peacefully on April 6, 2023 surrounded by his family. He was born on July 20, 1932, to Pasquale Sr. and Katherine (Bruno) in Darien, CT. When he was [...]

  • Retired Assistant Fire Chief Theodore Farfaglia Has Passed Away

    By Published On: April 12, 2023Categories: Member NewsViews: 871

    With great sadness, the Stamford Fire Department announces the passing of retired Assistant Fire Chief  Theodore Farfaglia, Jr.. Chief Farfaglia, 91, passed away on April 8, 2023, with his loving family by his side. He was born in Stamford, Connecticut on March 23, 1932 and was the son of Teodoro Farfaglia and Santa Gambino Farfaglia. [...]

  • Retired Fire Captain Daniel Kennedy Has Passed Away

    By Published On: March 31, 2023Categories: Member NewsViews: 1512

    It is with deep regret that the Stamford Fire Department announces the passing of retired Fire Captain Daniel "Dan" Francis Kennedy.  Dan passed away suddenly on Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at the age of 77, surrounded by his loving family. He was a hard-working husband, brother, father and grandfather. His generosity and "gift of gab" [...]

  • Long Ridge House Destroyed By Early Morning Fire

    By Published On: January 13, 2023Categories: Media ReleasesTags: , Views: 2244

    Nobody Was Home and Nobody Was Injuried At 05:49 this morning, the Stamford Combined 911 Dispatch Center began receiving reports of a house, possibly on fire on Butternut Lane.   Long Ridge Volunteer Fire Company, as well as three engines, a truck company, a rescue company, and an Incident Commander from the Stamford Fire Department, were [...]