• Boaters Rescued in Separate Incidents by Stamford Fireboat

    By Published On: July 6, 2020Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 259

    (Stamford, CT. 7/6/20): City of Stamford firefighters manning it's Fireboat 236 rescued a kayaker in distress this afternoon. At 4:13 pm a telephone report of a kayaker in distress prompted the response of the city's emergency services. The vicitim was reported to be on a breakwall off on Greenway Island. The fire departments fireboat and [...]

  • Two Stamford Homes Burn in Nighttime Fires

    By Published On: May 5, 2020Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 383

    Striking the Turn of River and Glenbrook Neighborhoods (Stamford, CT. May 5, 2020) Fires broke out in two Stamford homes during the overnight with one resulting in an injured resident.  The first fire broke out at 1:18 am when neighbors called 9-1-1 reporting a large fire in the area of Blackwood Lane in the Turn [...]

  • Multiple Alarm Fire Strikes Downtown Apartment Building

    By Published On: March 2, 2020Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 451

    (Stamford, CT March 2, 2020) At 2:58 pm the city 9-1-1 ceneter received calls reporting a possible fire in the ceiling at the Parcgrove Apartments located at 180 Broad Street. The building is a four story lightweight wood frame apartment building that covers half of a city block. City firefighters responded and found significant fire in [...]

  • Freezer Fire Evacuates Downtown Supermarket

    By Published On: December 13, 2019Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 270

    Stamford, CT.,  Friday, 12/13/19: At 5:30 pm a 9-1-1 call was received from the Stop & Shop Supermarket, located at 2200 Bedford Street, reporting a fire in a refrigerator door. The City of Stamford Fire Department responded and, upon arrival found a fire in the door frame of a walk-in freezer. The fire alarm was immediately [...]

  • Fire Strikes Construction Site in Downtown Stamford

    By Published On: October 3, 2019Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 261

    (Stamford, CT 10/2/19) A large fire broke out at the construction site along South State Street near Atlantic Street late Wednesday night. A fire broke out in the rubber concrete forms being used to construct the new retaining walls along the roadway. Flames shot into the night sky while the 9-1-1 center received numerous calls [...]

  • Early Morning Fire Strikes Glenbrook Recycling Center

    By Published On: October 3, 2019Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 254

    (Stamford, CT 10/3/19) An early morning fire broke out at the City Carting facility at 61 Taylor Reed Place in the Glenbrook section of the city. Stamford career and Glenbrook volunteer fire companies were dispatched at 4:32 am for an automatic fire alarm at the facility. Upon arrival firefighters found a heavy smoke condition and [...]

  • City of Stamford Fire Lieutenant to Receive Community Service Award

    By Published On: September 8, 2019Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 418

    Monday, September 9, 2019 at 9:00 am at Fire Headquarters (Stamford, CT 9/8/19) On September 9th, 2019 at 9:00 am Stamford Fire Lieutenant Sean Daly will receive the Police and Firemen's Insurance Association's Community Service Award. He is being recognized for his years of charitable work in the City of Stamford. In 2009 he organized [...]

  • Fire Breaks out in High Ridge Road Home

    By Published On: August 17, 2019Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 364

    Stamford, CT. 8/17/19: Residents escaped to safety when a fire broke out in their High Ridge Road home this afternoon. A resident called 9-1-1 at 3:19 pm reporting smoke on the second floor of their home at 668 High Ridge Road. City of Stamford career and Turn of River volunteer fire departments responded to the scene [...]

  • Bedroom Fire breaks out in Waterside Home

    By Published On: May 23, 2019Categories: Media ReleasesViews: 506

    (Stamford, CT 5/23/19) At 5:41 pm Stamford firefighters responded to a report of a house fire at 513 Fairfield Avenue. Upon arrival firefighters found a 2 1/2 story wood frame two-family duplex house with smoke coming from the second floor. The residents had evacuated and reported that a bedroom on the second floor was burning. [...]