Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Quick actions by Stamford Firefighters prevented the spread of a fire in the walls at 637 Cove Road tonight. A full box assignment of three engine companies, a ladder company, a rescue company, an Incident Commander and a Rapid Intervention Team were dispatched to the two story condominium complex after a resident called and reported smoke coming from an apartment on the second floor. The first arriving engine company reported a visible smoke condition coming from one of the apartments on the second floor. Crews entered the structure and found smoke emitting from the area of an apartment and an emergency exit sign. Further investigation led firefighters to go to the floor below where they found fire in a bathroom of a first floor apartment. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and found that the fire had traveled up the inside of the walls, past the second floor, to the cockloft and roof area. Firefighters had to open a hole on the roof to extinguish the fire there and prevent further extension of the fire.
No cause of the fire has been determined yet. The fire is currently being investigated by the Stamford Fire Marshals Office
No civilians or firefighters were injured during the incident. The Red Cross was called to the scene to assist 6 to 8 individuals with possible relocation.
Stamford EMS was standing by at the scene. Stamford Police were on the scene to assist with traffic from a busy Cove Road.
Incident Number: 15-09441
Incident Date: Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Incident Location: 637 Cove Road, Stamford, CT
Photo(s) courtesy of :
Bill Tenka / Puckstopper Photography