February 7, 2013 – Stamford In anticipation of a major winter storm, pursuant to the City of Stamford Code of Ordinances, Mayor Michael Pavia is declaring a Snow Emergency, beginning today, Thursday, February 7th, at 5:00 PM. The Snow Emergency will remain in effect until further notice.
- Parking is prohibited on all designated Snow Emergency Routes throughout the City.
- Snow Emergency Routes are posted with signage. For a complete listing of
- Snow Emergency Routes, visit: www.stamfordct.gov/road-maintenance/pages/snow-emergency-routes
- All offending vehicles will be ticketed and towed during the Snow Emergency.
- Municipal Parking Garages at Bedford Street, Summer Street and Bell Street will be open 24 hours per day, at no cost, until the Snow Emergency is lifted.
“When a Snow Emergency is in effect, it is necessary to ban on-street parking on the designated Snow Routes so that snow removal operations can better clear the roadways. Snow removal is significantly more difficult when parked cars prevent snow plows from clearing from curb to curb.” said Mayor Pavia.
- Garbage/Recycling Collection scheduled for Friday, February 8th, will commence beginning at 1:00 AM. Residents should place collection containers at the curb tonight.
- All Recycling Centers will be closed on Friday, February 8th.
- The Transfer Station will remain open as scheduled.
For further information, please refer to www.cityofstamford.org., or call the Citizens Service Center at 203-977-4140.