Saturday, August 27, 1011, 12:30 PM, Stamford Mayor Michael Pavia has announced a mandatory partial evacuation of low lying areas of the City and areas that are most vulnerable to flooding. “Due to expected storm surges, high tides and heavy rains, I am advising everyone that lives in these areas to relocate to higher ground,” the Mayor stated.
Effective immediately, residents who live on the following streets are advised to evacuate their homes and move to higher ground. Those Streets are as follows:
- Sea Beach Drive (#76 and above, even numbers only) Saddle Rock Road
- Rogers Road (#49 and above)
- Ralsey Road South (#1 through #37, odd numbers only) Downs Ave. (#111 through #142)
- Ralph Street (#9 and #15)
- Dolphin Cove Quay (#160 and above) Kennilworth Drive West (#73 through #95) Weed Ave. (Weed Circle, #195 through #225)
Residents should make arrangements with family, friends or other accommodations. If none of those options are available to you, the City is opening a shelter at Stamford High School, located at 55 Strawberry Hill Ave. at 5:00 PM.
Please bring any necessary medications, toiletries and bed linens you will need with you. Shelters are pet-friendly, however all animals must have their vaccinations up to date (tags or paperwork) and must be crated. Please bring food and medicine for your pets.
If necessary, additional shelters will open and be announced on the City’s website: www.cityofstamford.org and on Twitter @cityofstamford. Emergency workers at Stamford HS will direct evacuees to additional shelters, if necessary.
EMERGENCY INFORMATION AND CONTACTS
- Emergency Hurricane Hotline: 203-977-8840
- CL&P: 800-286-2000
- Yankee Gas: 800-989-0900
LOCAL NON-EMERGENCY NUMBERS:
- Stamford Police Dept.: 203-977-4444
- Citizens Service Center : 203-977-4140
- Stamford Hospital: 203-279-1000
- Connecticut Poison Control: 800-222-1222