Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

(Stamford, CT) – The Stamford Fire Department responded to a 911 report of an electrical fire at 51 High Ridge Road, Bulls Head Cigars. Upon arrival, firefighters from Engine 9 found a moderate smoke condition inside the store, and the fire mostly extinguished by the store manager. The fire originated at an electrical outlet behind the front counter, and appeared to have been caused by an overloaded electrical circuit.

Responding units from the Stamford Fire Department and the Turn of River Fire Department worked to gain access to the adjacent businesses to ensure the fire was contained and fully extinguished. Electrical power was shut off to Bulls Head Cigars awaiting a licensed electrician to inspect the damage and safely restore power to the business.

No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported. Bulls Head Cigars was expected to reopen for business later in the day.

Stamford EMS and Stamford PD responded and provided scene support.

The fire was investigated by the Stamford Fire Marshal's Office.

  

Incident Details (if applicable):

Incident Number: 24-02894
Incident Location: 51 High Ridge Road
Incident Date: 2024-03-24 10:54:00.0

CONTACT INFO:

Deputy Fire Chief Eric Lorenz
(203) 977-5600

Tags:

Electrical Fire Damages Bulls Head Cigars

Posted: March 24, 2024
About the Author: Eric Lorenz
View Count: 1,432
Categories: Media Releases