Welcome to the Stamford Fire Department Media Corner .
The Stamford Fire Department is committed to the safety of all citizens living in, and traveling through our wonderful City. A major component of providing for that safety is a well-informed public. The mission of our Public Information Division is to provide our residents, visitors and the media – with information relative to operational issues involving the Stamford Fire Department on a timely and accurate basis.
Please keep in mind that the release of information or delivery of public education will be balanced with the need to maintain operational security, governmental interest, as well as the privacy rights of individuals and organizations.
Interested people can view our Media Releases, past and present, at any time by clicking on the links below. You can also register to receive notifications of releases and briefs through e-mail by completing the form below. But the truly quickest way to keep up to date with us is by following us on our Facebook Page and / or Twitter account. All media releases posted at StamfordFire.com are automatically posted on these two accounts simultaneously.
Any media, including photos and videos found on our Media Releases (at the link below) may be re-broadcast or shared by you and/or your organization. All other media contained on our website may or may not be copyrighted. Please take care to review the credits associated with each item outside of the Media Release category.
Most Recent Press Releases
- Missing Boater Located In Stamford Harbor June 25, 2017
- City Firefighters Rescue Child Trapped in Escalator December 1, 2016
- Firefighters Remove Steel Nut From Child’s Finger November 20, 2016
- Stamford Fireboat Rescues Boater in Distress November 7, 2016
- Mulch Fire Damages City Hotel November 7, 2016
- Smoke Detectors Are The True Hero’s In Early Morning Fire November 3, 2016
- Car Fire Inside Garage Quickly Extinguished by Stamford Firefighters November 1, 2016
- 3 Alarm Fire Quickly Contained by Stamford Fire Fighters October 20, 2016
- Boat Fire Puts Itself Out at Stamford Dock October 12, 2016
- Midday House Fire in The Cove April 24, 2016
- SAVED…. By a System That Works! March 23, 2016
- Have A Very Safe and Happy Holiday Season December 24, 2015
- Quick Action of Passerby Helps To Prevent A Large Scale Fire in Abandoned Building December 22, 2015
- Quick Action of Firefighters Prevents Spread of Fire November 23, 2015
- Roof Fire at Hedge Fund Headquarters Destroys AC Unit and Damages Building November 7, 2015
- Carbon Monoxide Mishap in Occupied Building Averted October 27, 2015
- Quick Response Minimizes Fire Damage To Multi-Family House on West Side October 18, 2015
- Stamford Firefighters Respond to a Motorcyclist Down on High Ridge Road October 18, 2015
- Stamford Fire Chief Peter Brown To Retire October 14, 2015
- Come Join Us And Celebrate Fire Prevention Week! October 14, 2015
The Complete collection of Media Releases can be found at: