Become a City of Stamford Firefighter
We invite you to become part of a dynamic team! The City of Stamford is accepting applications for entry level firefighters.
To be considered, please submit a completed City of Stamford “Application for Examination or Employment,” by the closing date of December 5, 2014 as well as any additional documentation requested in the recruitment packet and/or job announcement.
City of Stamford Requirements
The City of Stamford requires the following to become a firefighter:
- High School diploma or GED,
- Must be at least 18 years of age,
- Have a valid driver’s license,
- Pass the candidate physical ability test (CPAT),
- Pass entry level written exam (Scheduled for January 10, 2015),
- Pass a comprehensive medical exam.
What We Offer
The City of Stamford offers you the opportunity to build a career while making a difference in the community.
In addition to the following:
- Challenging Work
- Competitive Salary
- Promotional Opportunities
- A Comprehensive Benefits Package, which includes:
- Health Insurance including; Dental and Vision,
- Life Insurance and LTD benefits,
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan,
- Opportunity to Participate in a Defined Contribution Plan,
- Flexible schedules and Paid Time Off (i.e., Vacation and Sick Time),
- Tuition reimbursement.
Click Here for Information on the CPAT
Click Here for NFPA 1582 Standard on Comprehensive Occupational Medical Program for Fire Departments, 2013 Edition.
Click here for application, recruitment packet and other pertinent information